Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
Want to become a professional laboratory technician, medical assistant or technician? DMLT is the course for you. Also called Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is a diploma course program. Its duration is for 2 years. The admission process varies from one college to another. Most colleges give admission on the basis of merit but some colleges do take entrance exams as well.
What is DMLT Course?
A domain under paramedical science, DMLT covers subjects about diagnosis and treatment through the use of laboratory equipment. The is meticulously designed for students to gain knowledge and technical skills about various subjects like pathology, biochemistry, microbiology, and hematology. The course also trains them to handle advanced lab equipment, perform accurate medical laboratory tests, and eventually work as Laboratory Technicians.
- You may use DMLT to perform all of the tests needed to diagnose an illness. The programme is primarily intended to fill the void left by laboratory personnel.
- Students are also taught how to operate laboratory equipment and technology.
- Students can practise using CT scan machines, X-ray machines, MRI machines, and other medical equipment.
DMLT Course Admission Process
The merit list of the qualifying test is used to determine admission to the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
- Applications can be submitted online or by visiting the college in person.
- The DMLT requires a minimum qualification of 10+2 with a 45 percent -50 percent aggregate and PCM/B as a compulsory subject.
- After 10th grade, several institutions offer DMLT.
- Some schools, on the other hand, use standardized entrance exams to admit students to their programmes.
- DMLT Admissions policies differ from one college to the next. If you are interested in applying to a certain institute, you can go to the institute’s official website.
- Admissions deadlines may differ from one college to the next. In most cases, submissions begin in May and finish in July.
Eligibility Criteria for DMLT Course
In order to take the DMLT course, you must qualify for it. Here are some of the important eligibility criteria that you need to have to join DLMT Course:
- The applicant should have completed 12th class from a recognized board (Some colleges also give admission after completion of 10th class with a minimum of 50% in boards as the criteria)
- The applicant should be from a science background
- The applicant should have at least 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology (science subjects) are required
- The applicant should have 45% marks are required for applicants from SC/ST categories